These are not intended to nor will they affect statutory rights.
· We will provide flexibility and choice regarding dates and times for booking subject to our availability, any additional or special requirements will be confirmed at the point of booking or upon arrival at reception.
· We will fully explain and give clear practical advice to help understand the work required, this can then be confirmed in writing upon request.
· Any charges for diagnostic or exploratory work (Diagnostics – Procedures & Pricing) will be confirmed as will our cancellation policy.
· Estimates can be provided upon request and quotations can be provided where possible before any work is carried out. (Note: Estimates are a close approximation of costs, quotations are precise and it is not always possible to predict final costs before proper inspection is made.)
· Accepted methods of payment can be advised on request prior to any work commencing. Cash and card payment are accepted in person only unless other form of payment is agreed before commencement of any work, i.e. bank transfer before collection. We do not accept cheques.
· Replaced parts will be made available to view and examine upon request but only until a vehicle is collected or delivered.
· Additional work required will need to be prior authorised unless agreed otherwise.
· All elements of the work undertaken will be explained in full upon collection or on request at any time.
· Where possible and practicable, labour charging will be made using manufacturers recommended times as published by approved organisations like ICME, Auto data and Haynes.
· Our minimum charge will be £34 and will include the first 15 minutes of work. Further work will be charged in 15 minute increments at the pro-rata hourly rate.
· Pricing within estimates, invoices and verbal advice will be clear and inclusive of parts, labour, VAT and any other additional charges
· We ensure all our staff are competent to carry out the work within their responsibilities, trainees will be appropriately supervised by a competent member of staff
· Appropriate equipment is used to carry out all work that we undertake
· All work carried out is guaranteed unless it is specifically agreed in advance with the customer that a non-standard or ‘temporary’ repair is carried out either without any or with reduced guarantee. This will never conflict with our responsibility to carry out work in a safe manner. Any part supplied as previously used – only by agreement – will carry a limited warranty variable with the part supplied. We do not fit any parts supplied by the customer as we cannot cover liability for any fault or failure. Labour only repairs, for instance to a worn door lock that is unobtainable, will carry a very limited guarantee.
· All new parts fitted carry the manufacturers guarantee against defect in materials or manufacture and include labour to replace in our workshops. The guarantee period will be for a minimum of 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs sooner. Some guarantee periods may be longer and will be advised. Guarantees do not cover abuse or misuse by the user whether intended or not.
· Wherever possible, notification of any fault or failure should be made to us as soon as apparent to enable prompt rectification and to reduce the effect of any such fault. Failure to do so may result in damage to other components and such subsequent damage may not be covered by guarantees. Some replaced new parts can be covered by a nation wide guarantee scheme within our trade organisations. Please ask for details of this.
· Payment must be made in full with cash, credit or debit card after completion of work but before the vehicle is released unless prior agreement has been made for alternative arrangement. We accept all major debit and credit cards including American Express but not Diners Club. We reserve the right to ask for a deposit or prepayment for special order parts and services and for some high-value repairs especially on older vehicles.
· At times it may be necessary or desirable for work to be subcontracted to one of our specially vetted and selected associated specialist companies. Whenever a customer’s vehicle is sent to such a specialist for repair it remains under our care and is fully covered by our insurance. All guarantees are covered by us and at no stage will a customer be referred back to any specialist repairer for satisfaction of repair.
· The repair of ‘Classic’ cars, those of historical interest, are necessarily different in that original manufacture of parts is often not available and there is limited choice in availability of parts and materials suitable for repair. Owners of these cars must understand and accept the limitations under which repairs are carried out, and while adhering to industry standards in procedures for repairs we cannot guarantee the same longevity of any repair and that it may be shorter than normally experienced.
· If a complaint is made, immediate action will be taken inline with the Motor Ombudsman code of practice procedures. In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve any problem that may arise, the organisations to which we belong offer a free to-the-consumer advice and conciliation service and we will provide their contact details on request.
· Vehicles not collected within 48 hours of notice of completion of work will be subject to storage charges unless agreement for delay in collection is made prior to work commencing. These charges will be at our standard rate, currently £28.50 per day or part plus VAT but are at times waived depending on individual circumstances. We have very limited storage facility and cannot guarantee the absolute safety of vehicles left with us for extended periods without prior arrangement.